• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract Unseen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Angel724

What is the name of your state? PA
This is complicated.My brother took power of attorney over my Mother Illegally I know this.He and his attorney did this when she was in ICU and didnt even know anyone.With it he sold the lumber off of her property.Once my Mother was released from the hospital she got her own attorney and assigned me as power of attorney.This deal had already been done.I have yet to see a contract When more timber was removed than what I was told I then contacted the man that was in charge and I then asked to see a copy of the contract signed.To date I have yet to see it yet he claims my name is on it.There was property damage and trees taken from areas that I was told werent to be touched.This was also done as a cash deal.The man that the deal was made through works in the court house.He has for years.The deal was made between my brother and him prior to me getting power of attorney without my Mothers knowledge.My brother did give her 10,000.00 in cash from this man.He said the timber only sold for 20 but she owed him 10 which he was keeping but she didnt owe him nothing.My Mother is 80 years old and I feel she was taken advantage of.She should have received alot more than what she did and we should have also been entitled to seeing a contract to which he claims we both signed. What should be my next step.

H

hexeliebe

Your next step hell, how about a first step? Try to an attorney's office to try and prove that your brother took advantage of your mother? How about the doctors who treated her about the condition she was in?

There are very specific laws against elder abuse and if what you believe actually did happen, this would fall into that category.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">