• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract with the broker for freelance work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabriell

Hi,
I am freelancer who is making research reports for a couple of forex brokers (only oral agreements, no contarcts signed with them). I found a new broker recently who wishes to work with me but he insists that I sign a contract that I WILL NOT WORK WITH THE OTHER BROKERS....The broker is Cyprus based. I wonder if there can be legal problems if I violate this part of the contract (other brokers do not show my name under reports but still if they found out)? Does the broker need to specify these legal consequences in the contract? I am residing outside of Cyprus - shoudl I be concerned ? I am not planning to do anything which will harm their business just do not want to be tied to any one broker . They can sue me when I visit Shengen Area?
Thanks!
Dave

quincy

Hi,
I am freelancer who is making research reports for a couple of forex brokers (only oral agreements, no contarcts signed with them). I found a new broker recently who wishes to work with me but he insists that I sign a contract that I WILL NOT WORK WITH THE OTHER BROKERS....The broker is Cyprus based. I wonder if there can be legal problems if I violate this part of the contract (other brokers do not show my name under reports but still if they found out)? Does the broker need to specify these legal consequences in the contract? I am residing outside of Cyprus - shoudl I be concerned ? I am not planning to do anything which will harm their business just do not want to be tied to any one broker . They can sue me when I visit Shengen Area?
Thanks!
Dave
FreeAdvice handles US law questions only. You will need to seek legal advice in your country of residence.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">