• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I hired a general contractor to remodel my two bathroom. We agreed on $4,200 for both. We signed the contract on Feb 1, 2001. He was to start work on Mar 22, 2001. The contract stated $1400 at signing $1400 on the start date and $1400 at the end. He did not start work until Apr 15, 2001. I had to track he down to start. The contract also stated another contractor was to do my tile work. He gutted my 1st bath out and only but the tub back, I have no toliet sink lights nor mirror. It is now May 5, 2001 he refuse to return to work. He fax me a letter stating I should get someone else to finish the work because he had to wait two days for the tile man and he could not continue to wait. He stated he would refund me $145.00 from the $3,200 I have paid him. I told he if he had started work on Mar 22, 2001 the tile would have been finished, because the tile man was schedule to come in the week of Mar 22, 2001. He left all the old tile from the bath at my front door, I had to pay someone to remove this. I really don't have the money to take him to court. How can I get him to either refund my money or finish the job.



Breach of contract

From what you say, you do have a good case against him for breaching his contract, since he did not provide the service he promissed. You could take this to Small Claims court. The fees are small and you can represent yourself. All you have to do is prove the facts you gave here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential