• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor did work not authorized, without my knowledge. Now billing me for it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C Tony

What is the name of your state?missouri
Hired a contractor to remove mildew, from two rooms. One room he was supposed to remove drywalls and insulation. In the second room, only remove furniture and door, then clean up mill dew on walls. In the the second room, he took out drywalls and insulation on three walls, without my knowledge. He is now billing me for it. Threatening leins.

adjusterjack

In the the second room, he took out drywalls and insulation on three walls, without my knowledge.
Without your knowledge?

How did that happen? Weren't you there to keep an eye on what he was doing? Didn't you have a contract specifying what he was supposed to do?

If you don't have any evidence, then you'll probably have to end up paying him. And, yes, he can put a lien on your house until you pay.

LdiJ

Without your knowledge?

How did that happen? Weren't you there to keep an eye on what he was doing? Didn't you have a contract specifying what he was supposed to do?

If you don't have any evidence, then you'll probably have to end up paying him. And, yes, he can put a lien on your house until you pay.
The burden of proof is always on the plaintiff so lack of evidence would hurt the plaintiff more than the defendent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">