• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor never did work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Perhaps rather going scorched earth with the negative reviews, if the builder has a Facebook page and permits posts or comments under their posts, the OP could respond to one with "Hey, I've tried to email/call on multiple occasions about my contract to have you install windows. We signed a contract and I paid a $7500 deposit back in June and have heard nothing since. Please call me ASAP as this work has to be done before I put can my house on the market."

That's not exactly a review, just a request for contact, but it should light a fire under someone.
That is an approach that could be effective, if written in the same factual and nonconfrontational manner you suggest, bcr229.

I think there can be legitimate reasons for business delays and, while the company's failure to respond to phone calls, emails or texts is disturbing, I would want to learn if there is a legitimate reason (illness, death, shortage of goods out of company's control) before going ballistic.

A lawsuit would be the last option to consider when all else (including a "call for action" news team involvement, etc) has been tried.

Junction

Thanks everyone for your responses. Although ignored in the past, I wrote the contractor an email, professionally stating what my course of action would be based on the responses here, but preferred he simply do the work. I received a phone call the same day and the work is scheduled to be done next week.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Thanks everyone for your responses. Although ignored in the past, I wrote the contractor an email, professionally stating what my course of action would be based on the responses here, but preferred he simply do the work. I received a phone call the same day and the work is scheduled to be done next week.
Thank you for the positive update.

Let us know whether or not it continues in this positive direction.

quincy

That is good news, Junction. You obviously handled the matter well.

quincy

As a follow up, the contractor sent a team of folks that worked Friday, Monday and today and completed the job. Thanks again for the responses here.
That is great news, Junction. I am happy you did not have to resort to any extraordinary measures to get the work completed.

Thank you for the update.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">