• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor refuses to provide invoice of work completed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SharonBurd

Florida General Contractor is doing repairs on hurricane damaged buildings and wants another draw. However he refuses to provide detailed invoice of work completed, or any invoice. He has received 3 draws already, and now money is being withheld. Still he refuses to deliver invoices. Even if/when we change Contractors, we need to know what has been completed, what has been paid for, and what may be outstanding. What legal orders can compel him to produce invoices.

adjusterjack

If he's licensed file a complaint with the licensing agency.

If he isn't licensed, well, oops, you're stuck with the consequences of your choice.

SharonBurd

If he's licensed file a complaint with the licensing agency.

If he isn't licensed, well, oops, you're stuck with the consequences of your choice.
Good point. I need the invoice more than I need to complain about him, though. Licensing agency can't force him, can just threaten his license.

SharonBurd

Are you out-of-state?

You can have another contractor tell you what is left to be done.
Nope.... I am right here watching the mess unfold. Condominium complex with most units uninhabited because of the storm. Gotta whip the contractor in line. The COA doesn't even know what they have paid for. The GC would just say that he needs money, and they would write him a check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">