• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor will not pay me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Then people need to request the feature or not use text-to-speech.
Based on how I have to use speech-to-text on my phone, it's not exactly a "feature request", rather, punctuation has to be included in the speech.

For example: " "Hello Martha<period>How was your day<question mark>Mine was nice<comma>except for the foul smell from the carpet in my room<period> "

Yes, people should do that if they are going to ask a wide audience for assistance on forums such as this.

Just Blue

Based on how I have to use speech-to-text on my phone, it's not exactly a "feature request", rather, punctuation has to be included in the speech.

For example: " "Hello Martha<period>How was your day<question mark>Mine was nice<comma>except for the foul smell from the carpet in my room<period> "

Yes, people should do that if they are going to ask a wide audience for assistance on forums such as this.
lol....did Fido do a naughty on the carpet in your room?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just as a point of reference, FL has no state DOL. Wage claims can be referred to the US DOL, which will address Federal minimum wage and OT only, or small claims is also an option.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suspect that small claims is the only realistic option for the OP. Unfortunately, the process is neither quick nor does it guarantee that the OP will see any money even if he prevails in court. The OP wants money now, but that's not likely to happen unless the "employer" voluntarily pays.

Florida Raised

One i never stole a thing! He asked if i had it i said yes that you didnt pay me so why would i waste my gas to drive back to a shop for nothing. A sargent at that police department that he called. NEVER MET AN ITALIAN that calls the popo's we handle all that in-house! But the sargent himself said i did nothing wrong which is why I'm still a free man with no charges. But also didn't help the fact that he tried to extort money out of me in order for him to drop charges. So im not worried and plus if there was any video surveillance like that boy said there is id be in handcuffs not long after he filed the report.. And if it bothers you to read what i wrote then dont read it move allong no need to stress yourself..

Florida Raised

Im not gonna stress the money from him. He will pay out a whole ton more to the county for fines and penalties for building with out a permit or anything.not including the fact that everything that was done and put upp Will have to taken apart it may not be how i want but it will be somehow and something more expensive than my pay!

quincy

Florida Raised, your post was reported due to the language you used. Please read the terms of use for this site. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">