• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor's not paying to me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nogo1024

Hi there,

I own a carpet cleaning company in AK. An electrician that i used to know, hit the sprinkler pipe while he was working on electric works in commercial building. A lot of water came out from the pipe and he called me to help out to extract water. And it's been more than 10 months and he's still not paying for it even though it already received money from his business insurance company based on my invoice. (I helped him out alot to get the money from insurance company and the amount of my invoice is about $1400) And i believe there are few options that i can take.

1. Taking him to court, Small Claim (It works but bothers me and annoying)
2. File a claim on his bond
3. Transfer the debt to collection agent

Not sure if there's another one. My questions is, the bond. How do i know if he has a bond? Is there any way to search it? If i ask him, i'm sure he would not let me know.

Please help me! Thanks :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">