• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conversion of over $15000

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My ex-spouse (domestic partner) removed over $15,000 from my
individual savings account here in Sacramento, CA. Oct 2000, discovered 12/2000 repoted to credit union 12/2000. His attorney's law firm agrees it was unlawfully removed without authorization and the crime is conversion of over $15,000. He has no previous record. What would the sentence most likly be should the D.A. take this to court? Any idea what punitive damages I might win in court. The credit union recently gave me back all of my money plus interest and in the out of court agreement with them they acknowledge the funds were unlawfully removed.



Talk to the D.A. to see if the state will press charges. If you want to sue, the only thing you can sue for is punitives. You got back your money.


Then check the CIVIL CODE AS WELL

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential