• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

conveying dead partner's property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ALawyer

If the land was held in a JOINT TENANCY WITH RIGHT OF SURVIVORSHIP then you can probably file a certified copy of the death certificate with the county clerk in Oregon. Ask the clerk for details.

If it was held as TENANTS IN COMMON, her interest passes according to her Will, which if whe had one, would usually require an ancillary probate in Oregon, or if not, according to the laws of Intestate Succession of OREGON, not her state of residence. That requires a lawyer in Oregon.

L

lgermano

I own a piece of land in OR with my aunt. I live in RI and she lives in CA. Recently she passed away and now I need to change the property deed to reflect my sole ownership. Is there an easy way for the executor of her estate to do this, or should I hire an attorney? The county clerk in OR made it sound as if it is not a very difficult switch. Is there a generic form I can provide the executor to push the process along quicker?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">