• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

COPPA and YouTube

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DisabledGeek89

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am considering making videos on YouTube to entertain people, NOT directed at kids, any idea how Coppa might affect me?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am considering making videos on YouTube to entertain people, NOT directed at kids, any idea how Coppa might affect me?
If your videos are clearly not children's content then you should not be adversely affected by it. YouTube will pay you less for videos that are kid's content as a result of COPPA and if your videos are directed at kids but are not kid friendly content you can be subject to fines. The challenge is that initially YouTube will be using AI to determine what content may be for kids, so you want to be sure your content won't be flagged by the AI as kid content if you want to maximize your YouTube revenue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">