• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copy Of Insurance Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OKIEDOKEY

How can I get a copy of a life insurance check that was payable to a person, but another person received the check and cashed it in?
I believe (which I'll have to prove) that the person showed the bank that cashed the check that he/she was the "executor" of a will which was in probate? The insurance company said because both parties were deceased that were in the insurance policy, they sent the check payable to the person who was in the policy to the address listed on the policy, but somehow the other person received it and cashed it. We didn't know until we called the insurance company asking for it and they said they sent it and it was cashed (and gave the date). The insurance company won't release any paperwork to me showing the policy/check, and is not concerned who cashed the check. Nobody can find a copy of the policy when it was taken out.

ALawyer

The process is to file a claim on the policy, and let the insurance company demonstrate that it has paid the claim.

If you are not a beneficiary, or the executor of the estate, you'd have no more right to see anything than I would.

The state insurance department could help if the company was being unreasonable. But it does not seem to be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">