• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copy of lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texasgirl1107

In the state of Texas, isn't it a legal right of the tenant to get a signed copy of the lease?
My son has not gotten one yet. He has been there for a month and is already having problems with the landlord and another tenant from her other rental property next door and I want to see the lease to find out if she had the legal right to barge in with her key while they were sleeping. It is in there that she can enter the premises, but, I do believe that it also says at a descent hour and after giving notice.

ENASNI

texasgirl1107 said:
In the state of Texas, isn't it a legal right of the tenant to get a signed copy of the lease?
My son has not gotten one yet. He has been there for a month and is already having problems with the landlord and another tenant from her other rental property next door and I want to see the lease to find out if she had the legal right to barge in with her key while they were sleeping. It is in there that she can enter the premises, but, I do believe that it also says at a descent hour and after giving notice.

Texas is really not kind to tenants. But don't listen to me, listen to these guys.

http://www.texastenant.org/rights/privacy/privacy.html

http://www.texastenant.org/rights/main.html

I did not see anything in your state's statutes about getting a copy of the lease, sorry. You should look yourself. I have seen it on other state's sites, but like I said.. Texas is not real kind to y'all.

Maybe Queenofsands might come by and give you some more advice, she is a Texas landlord ( a real cool one. )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">