• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copy of Mothers Life Policy... How?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdwest2005

Hello,
We are residents of South Carolina. My wifes mother passed in 2004. Her estate is still in probate due to a class action settlement over the drug oxycottin.

I'll get right to my question.

My wifes father has did away with the will and everything and won't let no one see nothing.

She took out a policy for all 4 of her children in late 90's.
The policy was changed in 2001 - she passed in 2004.
She never knew the policy had been changed.

We have caught the father forging signatures of his kids to release the oxycottin settlement to him.

After all this time, we have figured out he has forged her signature on a policy change.
We need a copy of the policy and the original to prove it.
We are 100% sure of this.

He did away with her will and took all the money from his kids.

How can we request copies of the policy and changes?
Thanks,
RD

Betty

Your best bet is to contact a lawyer for assistance. It looks like we have a case of fraud here.

nikkinmiss

to rdwest2005

I sure hope you have better luck hiring a lawyer than I have had.
I obtained the copies of my Dad's insurance policy via a summons as a defendant in an interpleader that the insurance company filed.
Good luck to you.

Dandy Don

Talk to an attorney first to figure out your best strategy, but you may also want to file a complaint with your South Carolina Insurance Commissioner (look for a website with phone/address and/or e-mail contact information).

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">