• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

floorman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana.

I own a website: Indiana Floors LLC.Com & Blinds.Com

One of my competitors purchased the domain Hardwood flooring, discount laminate flooring, engineered wood floors from flooring market he is not in indiana and it is just a redirection link to his site in Illnoise

Now when somebody punches in indianafloors. in google search it takes them to his website instead of a google page.
I own the copyright to both names. indianafloors and indianafloorsllc.

What is my recourse?

The Occultist

Please remove the links.

When I do a search, I stay on Google and am not redirected to another site. Are you, by any chance, using the "I feel lucky" button?

This isn't a copyright question, but rather a trademark question. Which company has been using the mark longer?

floorman

When I google www. indianafloors .com it takes one right to the other guys website,

I have had the name Indiana Floors llc for 5 years.
When I had my signs put on my bulding there was not room for the llc so it went to Indiana Floors So I have had the name in lights for 1 year but I did not file for the copyright until this month. I have been posting on the web as Indiana Floors for 3 years.
This same guy was using My full (Indiana Floors LLC) name in his headline on Google Search. He stopped that but I screen shots to prove it.

Last edited:

jarek

floorman,

I took a quick look at both domain, his domain (indianafloor dot com) rank 2/10 on Google, your domain ranks 0/10. You can easily bit him to #1 spot on Google by implementing few Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques. I won't spam this forum with info on SEO but I suggest talking to a local expert, have a small web site redesign (with SEO in mind) and you should hold the pole position. There are even steps you can do on your own without changing the HTML code to score better on Google.

I know that my answer is not what you're looking for but at least you can be first on Google.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">