• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copywrite laws.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spitfire63

I recently worked for a company that had me remove copywrite laws from a manual that was supposedly owned by another person. I removed the laws, added and removed information in the manual so the company could use it and sell it for profit. Just wanted to know if this is illegal. The company is now involved in a court case with the other person over the rights to this manual. They lost the first case and now have to file in a different city. I was fired after that. This other person who's copywrite law I removed has no knowledge of what I was told to do to his manual and since they fired me, probably never will. I just wanted to know if what they told me to do was illegal?

Gretchen

P

peter

Yes it was totally Illegal, you have to give credit where credit is due.and to take out the copyrights, means the original owner had lost a lot of royalties on the copies that were made by your company FOR PROFIT!

If i were you I dissapear so you wont have to testify in court......unlisted #, no fowarding address...

Too bad.you could have collected unemployment if they fired you or you quit!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">