• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

corporate Amex question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dallasdave

I work for a large corporation with HQ in Texas, and travel every week on company business. Our travel policy states that I must use the corporate American express card and if I don’t the company may refuse to reimburse me. I must pay the card directly, whether or not I have received my reimbursement check in time for monthly billing.

If I am responsible for paying the card, can the company legally force me to use the corporate card?

If I miss a payment I must pay the late fee, and if it's really late, it get reported to my credit report.

Antigone*

I work for a large corporation with HQ in Texas, and travel every week on company business. Our travel policy states that I must use the corporate American express card and if I don’t the company may refuse to reimburse me. I must pay the card directly, whether or not I have received my reimbursement check in time for monthly billing.

If I am responsible for paying the card, can the company legally force me to use the corporate card?

If I miss a payment I must pay the late fee, and if it's really late, it get reported to my credit report.
They certainly are within their rights to enforce their company policy.

Your second "if" statement is not a question, it is a reality. :cool:

Betty

You might want to pay on time if at all possible to avoid late fees & to keep from having late payments on your credit report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">