• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

#Corporate Bullying #Retaliation #Wrongful Termination #SalaryIssues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I found this on the EEOC website on retaliation. According to EEOC: https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/retaliation.cfm
  • asking managers or co-workers about salary information to uncover potentially discriminatory wages.

Whats your take on this?
The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) protects the right of employees to work together to better their wages and working conditions. The most common way that is done is by unionizing. But other activities fall under that protection too. Employees sharing wage information is one way to work together to deal with wage issues with the employer. Some employers had fired or otherwise taken adverse action against employees for asking other employees about salary information and under the NLRA that can amount to illegal retaliation for a protected activity. Note that it is the element of concerted action among employees that brings it under the NLRA.

I'm not seeing here where you were trying to get wage information about other employees to compare what everyone was making to attack wage issues in the company.

The fact that the employer never paid you what you say was promised is a potential breach of contract issue, but the exact details of the promise matter a lot, as well as what evidence you have to prove what the terms of the deal was.

Dandy Don

So sorry that you have been treated so shabbily. What you fail to realize is that companies screw over people all of the time. Because you have high standards, you expected them to treat you honestly and fairly but they only cared about retaliation against you. Hold your head high--with your sterling achievements/qualifications, there are other companies who will be willing to retain you to provide superior performance for them.

I hope that you have retained any outstanding job evaluations/performance reviews that you received (if they were documented in writing) because you may need to show them to future prospective employers during your job search, to counteract the possibly unfair references they may give in a further attempt to sabotage your career. Eventually someone will recognize your true worth and compensate you accordingly. And I believe you have learned a lesson from this--whenever possible, get anything promised to you IN WRITING.

jazzforu

The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) protects the right of employees to work together to better their wages and working conditions. The most common way that is done is by unionizing. But other activities fall under that protection too. Employees sharing wage information is one way to work together to deal with wage issues with the employer. Some employers had fired or otherwise taken adverse action against employees for asking other employees about salary information and under the NLRA that can amount to illegal retaliation for a protected activity. Note that it is the element of concerted action among employees that brings it under the NLRA.

I'm not seeing here where you were trying to get wage information about other employees to compare what everyone was making to attack wage issues in the company.

The fact that the employer never paid you what you say was promised is a potential breach of contract issue, but the exact details of the promise matter a lot, as well as what evidence you have to prove what the terms of the deal was.
Thank you very much for your response.

jazzforu

So sorry that you have been treated so shabbily. What you fail to realize is that companies screw over people all of the time. Because you have high standards, you expected them to treat you honestly and fairly but they only cared about retaliation against you. Hold your head high--with your sterling achievements/qualifications, there are other companies who will be willing to retain you to provide superior performance for them.

I hope that you have retained any outstanding job evaluations/performance reviews that you received (if they were documented in writing) because you may need to show them to future prospective employers during your job search, to counteract the possibly unfair references they may give in a further attempt to sabotage your career. Eventually someone will recognize your true worth and compensate you accordingly. And I believe you have learned a lesson from this--whenever possible, get anything promised to you IN WRITING.
Hello Dandy,

Thank you for your encouraging words of wisdom. I am not deterred by this whole situation and my morale is still high. What is fathoming is that companies go to great extent to screw an employee who contributed to its very growth. I believe its more to do with the senior management siding with the wrong doers that right. when will this ever change?

Anyways, Thank you for taking out time and share your thoughts with me. I do have the evaluations saved and will hopefully find a job soon.

Have a great day!

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">