• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporate Headquarters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdevri57

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri.

I'm wondering if someone could advise me as to whether or not it's legal to paint a picture or draw a sketch of a large company's corporate headquarters and then sell it for profit. My assumption is that it's okay to paint only the actual building, but if you included the company's sign or brand that may be part of the building, then you would need their okay. Is this accurate? If I would need the company's okay to paint the building, what department would you contact? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

The Occultist

As long as the the image is captured from a public vantage point, there should not be any problem (a hotel balcony, for instance, might yield some issues).

Logos might be trickier, and I confess I do not know the answer. I know your question has actually been answered a few times in this forum, so I recommend searching.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">