• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporation Civil Lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FD143

I am part of a large corporation. We have filed a lawsuit and temp. injunction against a small company charging them with trademark infringement, dilution....and a few more things. We have filed this civil lawsuit in US District Court.
We have made statements in our court filing and sworn affidavits that the defendant did some things ...implying they did some fraudulent activities, as it turns out my own company did these things which we stated the defendant has done.

We have filed for the lawsuit and temp. injunction to be dismissed...

If the defendant still files a defense after we have filed to dismiss the case, does the case still go forward?
Is it to the defendants advantage to file a defense at this time?

If the defendant doesn't file a defense and the case is dismissed, can we file a new lawsuit after we have corrected our mistakes?
Can the defendant enter the previous court filings into evidence?

Most important....some of the statements we have made in the filings were published in the paper ...are we libel for these false statements....they have been proven to be false and we should definitely have known they were false since our own company did the actions. Are we libel?

Can any damages, other than court costs be awarded by the judge in the temp. injunction appearance?

Can the judge dismiss the whole case at the temp injunction appearance?

Thank You

ALawyer

Anyone filing in Federal Court probably has a lawyer representing them and the questions should be directed to that lawyer.

There are all sorts of ways plaintiffs can try to get out of the suit and also all sorts of remedies available to the wronged party, including abuse of process suits and sanctions against both the lawyer and corporate officials.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">