• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Correction of naval records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

getsome35

I received a letter from Department of the Navy Board for correction of Naval Records: The letter states that it is in reference to the application for correction that I filed for review of my naval record pursuant to Title 10, United States Code, Section 1552.
The letter goes on to say the final decision in my case is set forth in the Board's report of proceedings, a copy of which is enclosed. The approved changes to your naval record will be made by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC), Code MMRP, Headquarters, United States Marine Corps, 3880 Russel Road, Quantico, VA 22134-5103. Please wait at least 180 days from the date of this letter before contacting CMC about the status of your case. Signed Elizabeth A. Hill Executive Director. I did not receive the report of proceedings with this letter several months ago I did receive the Advisory opinion. Im not sure I understand the meaning of this letter. Could you kindly explain the contents of this letter.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Could you kindly explain the contents of this letter.
The letter tells you that the Board made a final decision on your request for a review of and correction to your naval record. There was supposed to be a report that explained the Board's decision. That decision may or may not have been the same as the advisory opinion that was given to you earlier. You will want to contact the board to get a copy of that report as that will explain what changes, if any, the Navy is making to your records. The decision of the Board is final and can only be reconsidered if new evidence is found that would support a change. The last 5 pages of SECNAVINST 5420.193 helps explain the process.

A tip for future use of this site. You attached your question to a thread that is more than 11 years old. Posting to old threads and reactivating them, known as necroposting, is discouraged on this site (and many others). It's better to post your question in a new thread and, if you think an old thread has something that might relate to your situation, you can provide a link to it for easy reference.

getsome35

The letter tells you that the Board made a final decision on your request for a review of and correction to your naval record. There was supposed to be a report that explained the Board's decision. That decision may or may not have been the same as the advisory opinion that was given to you earlier. You will want to contact the board to get a copy of that report as that will explain what changes, if any, the Navy is making to your records. The decision of the Board is final and can only be reconsidered if new evidence is found that would support a change. The last 5 pages of SECNAVINST 5420.193 helps explain the process.

A tip for future use of this site. You attached your question to a thread that is more than 11 years old. Posting to old threads and reactivating them, known as necroposting, is discouraged on this site (and many others). It's better to post your question in a new thread and, if you think an old thread has something that might relate to your situation, you can provide a link to it for easy reference.
I have been calling the two phone numbers that are listed for over a week now to request the report of proceedings from the Board of Corrections for Naval Records no one answers the phone. Do you have any other suggestions that I may use to try and contact them. I would like to know what decisions have been made, rather then wait the 180 days for their response. I would very much appreciate if you could assist me in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">