• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cosigned loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tkbbkt

Two years ago I cosigned a loan with a boyfriend with a verbal agreement that if we broke up either the truck would be sold or he would refinance the loan. We broke up over 18 months ago. He has stopped making payments and in order to protect my credit I have made two coming on three payments. The title is his name and/or my name. Do I have legal right to reposses the truck and sell it, paying off the loan and giving him what is left minus my payments? This is in the state of Kansas.
Thank you-
PS I am not a junior member. that was a mistake I am over 21

[Edited by tkbbkt on 12-06-2000 at 12:47 AM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tkbbkt said:
Two years ago I cosigned a loan with a boyfriend with a verbal agreement that if we broke up either the truck would be sold or he would refinance the loan. We broke up over 18 months ago. He has stopped making payments and in order to protect my credit I have made two coming on three payments. The title is his name and/or my name. Do I have legal right to reposses the truck and sell it, paying off the loan and giving him what is left minus my payments? This is in the state of Kansas.
Thank you-
PS I am not a junior member. that was a mistake I am over 21

[Edited by tkbbkt on 12-06-2000 at 12:47 AM]
My response:

I like your "Junior Member" joke.

Since the title is also in your name (and thank goodness it says "or" in the title) it's your vehicle. Go get it.

You can sell it and pay off the loan. If there's anything left over, tell him to go bite rocks.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">