• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cosmetology school contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KAFried

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My 18 year old daughter signed a contract to attend a local cosmetology school. The contract is full of typos, and grammatical errors. The owner is changing many of the rules and regulations for the school. Is this contract a worthless piece of paper or do they have the right to hold her to this contract?

Please contact me for more information on this, please...
Kathy

bb_wolfe

I can assume that your 18 year old daughter read the contract before signing it.

The literary perfection is a moot point.

I imagine your daughter wants to drop out or not start. I further imagine that the school will send her to some sort of collection agency for fees not paid.

If the school 'changed a rule' that contradicts the written contract, your daughter is not bound by the new rule unless the contract has an according clause allowing the change.

Bottom line is this: It's your daughter's problem, not yours. She's an adult now, she needs to understand that signing documents can have consequences.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">