• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cottage food law of Alabama: does it apply to bake sales?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? AL

I don't have a business: I just want to set up a stand in front of a library (the owner says this is OK) and sell baked goods (and if I understand right, I can't supplement that with ginger ale punch because that product is acidic or hot chocolate because it contains milk). Is the law for businesses? Because that is what it seems to imply.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? AL

I don't have a business: I just want to set up a stand in front of a library (the owner says this is OK) and sell baked goods (and if I understand right, I can't supplement that with ginger ale punch because that product is acidic or hot chocolate because it contains milk). Is the law for businesses? Because that is what it seems to imply.
Those kinds of policies are going to be municipally related. Someone in your community would have to answer that question. It wouldn't even be a statewide issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">