• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could I be in trouble legally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anonymou1234

Hi all, I'm writing this with immense pain, anxiety and stress, a couple of months ago a girl and I hooked up at her place, we spent the whole night together and we were both drunk.I leave later in the morning after sleeping over her place and everything seems to be fine. We didn't have sex I just gave her oral and she gave me a hand job. The problem is that the next day in the afternoon she checks herself into the hospital for bruises in private areas and tells her friends about this. This is all from hickeys that I have given her as I'd never hit anyone or hurt anyone, especially girls. The day after this she comes over and chats with these people and acknowledges that everything was consensual and that I didn't attempt to force her to do anything. When the friends (one girl and one boy ask why she didn't say or do anything during the time), she says she didn't feel the pain then and continued to engage in our sexual activities. I apologized to her and even offered to pay for her hospital bills but she wants nothing to do with me and has just asked to leave her alone.I'm worried about the possibility of any legal problems that can arise from this if she were to choose to report me(many of her friends have said she's moved on and hasn't considered it although she initially did).I've been extremely paranoid about the whole situation.This was honestly a grave mistake and I stopped drinking or doing any other drugs that can help slightly change the perception of reality.I understand I was wrong and too overboard physically as I should have been more gentle but does that mean If i get reported that this will be assault.I'm all for the #metoo movement but is this really what constitutes as part of that or is it just a bad unfortunate hook up.Again she acknowedged everything was consensual and we spent the whole night and morning together having what i thought was a good time (clearly wasn't). I honestly wish she snapped at me and said to take it easy and I'd have backed off in an instant. Please I understand I should be criticized but I'm having a very difficult time accepting myself morally for this.This was honestly just an accident. I can't fathom what would happen if my family and friends found out about this. What should I do, would I be in trouble in any legal way ?

quincy

Hi all, I'm writing this with immense pain, anxiety and stress, a couple of months ago a girl and I hooked up at her place, we spent the whole night together and we were both drunk.I leave later in the morning after sleeping over her place and everything seems to be fine. We didn't have sex I just gave her oral and she gave me a hand job. The problem is that the next day in the afternoon she checks herself into the hospital for bruises in private areas and tells her friends about this. This is all from hickeys that I have given her as I'd never hit anyone or hurt anyone, especially girls. The day after this she comes over and chats with these people and acknowledges that everything was consensual and that I didn't attempt to force her to do anything. When the friends (one girl and one boy ask why she didn't say or do anything during the time), she says she didn't feel the pain then and continued to engage in our sexual activities. I apologized to her and even offered to pay for her hospital bills but she wants nothing to do with me and has just asked to leave her alone.I'm worried about the possibility of any legal problems that can arise from this if she were to choose to report me(many of her friends have said she's moved on and hasn't considered it although she initially did).I've been extremely paranoid about the whole situation.This was honestly a grave mistake and I stopped drinking or doing any other drugs that can help slightly change the perception of reality.I understand I was wrong and too overboard physically as I should have been more gentle but does that mean If i get reported that this will be assault.I'm all for the #metoo movement but is this really what constitutes as part of that or is it just a bad unfortunate hook up.Again she acknowedged everything was consensual and we spent the whole night and morning together having what i thought was a good time (clearly wasn't). I honestly wish she snapped at me and said to take it easy and I'd have backed off in an instant. Please I understand I should be criticized but I'm having a very difficult time accepting myself morally for this.This was honestly just an accident. I can't fathom what would happen if my family and friends found out about this. What should I do, would I be in trouble in any legal way ?
What is the name of your state?

How old are you and the girl?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She consented. You have witnesses. Per what you have said. That means this was not assault. It was just rough contact.
As long as she was above the age of consent it shouldn't be a problem.

anonymou1234

What is the name of your state?

How old are you and the girl?
Thank you for answering my questions.

I agree with the previous response. I do not see that you have reason to worry about any legal consequences coming from your night with the woman.
Thank you for both responses I truly am grateful.I want to talk to her in person but her friends said to drop it.I think now I'm searching for ways to just forgive myself.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The day after this she comes over and chats with these people and acknowledges that everything was consensual and that I didn't attempt to force her to do anything.
How do you know what she told "these people" (whoever they are)? Were you there?

From this statement I don't see them necessarily being the OP's friends.

quincy

How do you know what she told "these people" (whoever they are)? Were you there?

From this statement I don't see them necessarily being the OP's friends.
The friends told anonymous what the woman said about the encounter being consensual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">