• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could I be sued for this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DaveTTA

Im in Texas and I am thinking about opening up a 4x4 Shop specializing in suspentions on 4x4 trucks. Do you think I could be held liable for someone that had there truck lifted in my shop and fliped it over because they where driving to fast with the added ride height.

"Asume I instaled everything corectly and nothing I did broke to cause the accident.

I know if it was a poor install with loose parts or anything like that I could be held liable.

IanStock

Litigation risk

Hey!

I'm not in your state, but if Stella could sue McDonald's (also in another state) for serving her coffee too hot, you are clearly at risk.

You need to obtain a quote for liability insurance that covers the risks you identify, and then have your customers sign a kind of consent to assumption of risk where they acknowledge that raising the center of gravity of the truck increases the risk of rollover. They assume that risk by authorizing you to do the work.

This isn't complete, but you get the idea.

Best, Ian

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">