• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Counterfeit Casheirs Check cashed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Some Random Guy

jiddu79,

In case there is some possibility that the bank will think you are trying to defraud them (as opposed to being completely stupid), you should contact the bank in writing with your suspicions and do not withdraw the money.

It may be several weeks before the bank realizes that the check is a fake.

S

shell007

To anyone reading this thread or similar ones..The bank will most certainly find these errors when their books are audited and balanced at the end of the fiscal year or the end of the quarter, which ever comes first.

Here is a short story from about 10 years ago:

Income tax return of $22,000.00 was directly deposited into my checking account in April of that year. The bank accidently doubled the deposit amount and showed up as a $44,000.00 deposit in my account. I called the bank and told them of this mistake. Of course the local branch could do nothing about it and said they would investigate so I let the extra money sit there until they found their mistake, which they eventually did. After their books were audited at the end of the year, I received a notice in the mail (almost 1 entire year later) that my checking account had been Debited (by the bank)for an amount of $22,000.00, leaving the original $22,000.00 that was mine.

Moral of the story: When the BIG GUYS come to audit the books......all mistakes WILL be found and corrected and all parties involved will be held accountable for their share of the mistake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">