• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

County program denying me of something I have a right to

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisabledGeek89

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am being denied entry into an event I have a right to because of my vaccination status. Can I sue for discrimination? I am full of anger right now.

PayrollHRGuy

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am being denied entry into an event I have a right to because of my vaccination status. Can I sue for discrimination? I am full of anger right now.
You can sue for anything you like. But vaccination status is not a protected class. So have fun spending money and not winning.

DisabledGeek89

I could show up at the program with a lawyer, they might just cancelled the event. I am spiteful enough to force that. By the way is 209 E. Cary Street, Suite 200. Richmond, VA 23219 the correct mailing information to send a letter of complaint to governor elect Youngkin?

quincy

What about contacting Glenn Youngkin? Is the information the right place to send him a letter of complaint?
Youngkin is not sworn in as Governor until January 15, for one thing, and for another thing, he has already stated he will not prevent others in the State from enforcing their own vaccination and mask mandates even though he said as Governor he will not be issuing any mandates.

zddoodah

I am being denied entry into an event I have a right to because of my vaccination status.
This statement is vague. As written, you are saying that you "have a right [to attend the event} because of [your] vaccination status" but are being denied entry despite your vaccination status. Is that what you intended? Or did you intend to write, "I have a right to attend some event. However, I am being denied attendance because I am not vaccinated?

If it's the former, being vaccinated does not give one a legal right to do things regardless of all other facts. Rather, being vaccinated simply removes one hurdle. There may be other hurdles. Unfortunately, you did not provide us with any relevant factual information, such as:

1. What event?
2. What "county program"?
3. Who specifically is denying you entry into the event (not a name, but a title)?
4. Why are you being denied entry?

Of course, if you're being denied attendance at some event because you're not vaccinated, that is almost unquestionably legal.

Can I sue for discrimination?
Anyone can sue anyone for anything, but having the ability to sue has little to no relation to your likelihood of succeeding.

I could show up at the program with a lawyer, they might just cancelled the event.
LOL! What makes you think simply showing up with a lawyer will have any meaningful impact? I can assure you it won't.

By the way is 209 E. Cary Street, Suite 200. Richmond, VA 23219 the correct mailing information to send a letter of complaint to governor elect Youngkin?
Let me Google that for you.

What about contacting Glenn Youngkin?
What about it? Dude won't be governor for another five weeks. You'd be marginally better off contacting the actual governor (although I doubt very much that either guy will care).

DisabledGeek89

This statement is vague. As written, you are saying that you "have a right [to attend the event} because of [your] vaccination status" but are being denied entry despite your vaccination status. Is that what you intended? Or did you intend to write, "I have a right to attend some event. However, I am being denied attendance because I am not vaccinated?

If it's the former, being vaccinated does not give one a legal right to do things regardless of all other facts. Rather, being vaccinated simply removes one hurdle. There may be other hurdles. Unfortunately, you did not provide us with any relevant factual information, such as:

1. What event?
2. What "county program"?
3. Who specifically is denying you entry into the event (not a name, but a title)?
4. Why are you being denied entry?

Of course, if you're being denied attendance at some event because you're not vaccinated, that is almost unquestionably legal.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything, but having the ability to sue has little to no relation to your likelihood of succeeding.

LOL! What makes you think simply showing up with a lawyer will have any meaningful impact? I can assure you it won't.

Let me Google that for you.

What about it? Dude won't be governor for another five weeks. You'd be marginally better off contacting the actual governor (although I doubt very much that either guy will care).
Getting vaccinated conflicts with my beliefs. (I am a Christian conservative) Its both religious and political discrimination. The event is a social gathering form a program for mental health from the country. The director told me I could not go. Which is not right at all.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Getting vaccinated conflicts with my beliefs. (I am a Christian conservative) Its both religious and political discrimination. The event is a social gathering form a program for mental health from the country. The director told me I could not go. Which is not right at all.
Getting vaccinated is not a political matter (no matter how hard some try to make it one). Also, what religion are you that prohibits vaccinations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">