• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

couple of questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaydensmom1

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I guess I really have 2 questions. Hope this makes sense to everyone. My cousin and I are both on a loan for a car I have. The first 2 months it was underpaid, my error but unintentional, and we did not find out until the credit union had reported it as a 30day past due. Since finding out the payments have always been paid correctly and on time. We also got the credit union to remove the credit notice as they never sent a past due notice on the account. Her husband is wanting me to sign a document that if the payments are not paid I will sign the title to her and give her the keys. I don’t feel I should have to do this but he is threatening to take me to court. Can he do that and would they really enforce it? Also he has since then been sending out emails and making calls to our family and friends saying that I am intentionally trying to hurt them and that I shouldn’t be trusted. He is trying to turn my family against me. I have copies of all the emails and documented all the phone calls. He even went as far as calling my boss to complain to him about this. My question is if he takes me to court can I throw a libel & slander issue in there? Thanks for any advice!!

C

Cchao34

Are you both on the title and registration of the vehicle? If so, are your names listed as AND or OR? If it's AND, then you both have to agree on any changes. If it's OR, then either of you can remove the other once the loan is paid off. But until the loan is paid, both of you are responsible for it.

Regarding libel and slander: http://injury-law.freeadvice.com/libel_and_slander/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">