• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court 9:30 tomorrow morning please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ralphsrose

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I am scared. I have a phone conference scheduled tomorrow morning to set a date for terminating my ex husbands rights. i hired a new attorney a week ago. And now i havent heard from the old lawyer or the new one and cant get ahold of either one when i call. the order says if the petitioner (me) doesnt set up the phone conf that it will be held at the local court house at 9:30 tomorrow morning . SO what do i do? Do i just go to the court house and wait to see if one of them shows up or wait for a phone call letting me know whats going on. I do not want this to be dismissed for something i have no control over. HELP!!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ralphsrose said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa

I am scared. I have a phone conference scheduled tomorrow morning to set a date for terminating my ex husbands rights. i hired a new attorney a week ago. And now i havent heard from the old lawyer or the new one and cant get ahold of either one when i call. the order says if the petitioner (me) doesnt set up the phone conf that it will be held at the local court house at 9:30 tomorrow morning . SO what do i do? Do i just go to the court house and wait to see if one of them shows up or wait for a phone call letting me know whats going on. I do not want this to be dismissed for something i have no control over. HELP!!!!!

My response:

I love this. It's 1:00 a.m. in Iowa, and NOW you're asking?

Talk about 11th hour !

Go to court in the morning.

IAAL

Whyte Noise

Since you weren't able to set up the phone conversation (i.e weren't able to get in touch with either attorney to do so) then be at the courthouse at 9:30 in the morning. Thats what it said to do, and that's what I'd do. You don't want to miss the hearing, whether it was supposed to be by phone, or in person. When your case is called, simply explain to the judge that you put forth a good faith effort to get in touch with your attorney, and were unable to do so. State why.... like he didn't return messages, etc. It tells you in the papers that if you couldn't set it up, it would be held at the courthouse at 9:30 in the morning. Be there.

Dang, IAAL types fast... or I type slow one.... ;)

R

ralphsrose

Iowa.
Thanks, I will go to the court house in the morning. I know it was last minute, (my question), but the longer i sat here the more nervous i got.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ralphsrose said:
Iowa.
Thanks, I will go to the court house in the morning. I know it was last minute, (my question), but the longer i sat here the more nervous i got.

My response:

Last minute? LAST MINUTE?

Ain't that the understatement of the week.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">