• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court again this morning...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karma1

What is the name of your state? ca
for my niece-going to see what her attorney wrote about situation-see if he is recommending supervised visits for mom...
will let ya all know when we get back.
send some prayers this is the last time for court for awhile....:confused:

karma1

update-WOO HOO!!!

custody will stay at joint everything-primary residence with dad (and hubby and me)-
mom gets visitation 1st, 3rd, 4th Sat and Sun from 9 am-6pm
phone call time tues and thurs between 8 pm-9pm
AND THAT'S IT!!!
Nieces attorney did say that if niece finds that after several visits with mom that mom is doing things like she did before-like riding the bus all day long (mom has no place to live, remember) or the like, dad can file to stop visitation....
mom, however, MAY NOT BE BEFORE THE COURT AGAIN UNLESS SHE HAS A PLACE TO LIVE.....which is highly unlikely since she messed up her Sect. 8 housing (long story)
so, no more court for dad (or us)-
now that it is all settled-dad is going to file to stop her support, let welfare know and SSI (mom never let them know she was working for cash...) and is filing for support from mom-remember-this "mother" has yet to send any of daughters things-she sent her with the clothes on her back and that was it...
And remember-this all happened because mom went to CSE for more support money-now she has nothing.....
see what greed will getcha?

karma1

bump

since Im getting questions about this morning....
just told niece outcome,too-she is pretty happy she does not have to go sleep on the floor of some bug infested hotel room anymore....
shes a great kid and this "mother" has no idea how lucky she is-shes going to make something of herself someday-
and will remember her ole broken down aunt....lol...

P

pst58

I am way too new here to really know this whole story, but by following it the past few days I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I am so happy for you - - and especially for your niece! It is such a "breath of fresh air" to hear a story where the child's best interests truly ARE being taken into consideration! It sounds like your niece is definitely in the best place she can be and that she has a dedicated and loving family around her and I'm just really happy for all of you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">