• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Calendar Translation Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HollyGolightly

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I was checking up on a former acquaintence who is in trouble for dealing drugs. I've been watching the play-by-play of the case, but as soon as the trial got scheduled - it was vacated from the calendar due to "No RST". What does that translate into English? That was back in May and the time extension for the case is up in August. Does that mean they have to have a trial by then or it's all over? I hope not, because this guy really needs to have some justice and be sent somewhere cozy for a long time.

Thanks for your help.

outonbail

If I was going to wage a guess, I'd say he waved his right to a speedy trial. This would then give everyone plenty of time to prepare their case, or for the defendant to give up some big guys (if he was offered a temporary position working for the good guys as an informant)

So if he is not brought to trial by August, the case would still be pending and he wouldn't be released because of his rights being violated.

This is just my shot in the dark. But I'm interpreting the "NO RST" to mean NO Right to a Speedy Trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">