• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Compensable Awards

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tootall

Was recently awarded a 40%vocational disability,and a 25% body to the whole award on a workers comp case in court,this was in the state of Tennessee.I already had a 7% body to the whole award from a settlement back in 1997.My question is>>>> Are both of the judges awards(vocational & body to the whole)compensable financially ? I have been led to beleve that the vocational is payable by workers comp,but who pays on the body to the whole award ? Also I have been out of work for three years because of the workers comp doctors restrictions,but my employer says they have nothing I can do with those restrictions,but yet keep me full time employed,thus not allowing me to earn a salary,nor getting workers comp,nor unemployment. I had read where by Tennessee labor laws the employer was still required by law to keep paying me,even though I was not working,do you know if this is correct ? Thanks for any and all imput from anyones advice.

------------------
twc

[This message has been edited by Tootall (edited October 07, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">