• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Cost Refund?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

Short version:
Filed a small claim for petty theft.
Was counter sued for rent money.
Stolen items were returned and I dropped the claim.
Countersuit continued, I was ordered to pay damages.
I paid about $80 for new trial.
Returned to court and won, didn't have to pay anything....

At this point would I be able to ask the court to return the money I had to pay for the new trial, or do I just have to suck it up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential