• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Hearing Form?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjalex

Okay, my case is located in New York but I live in Texas. My judgment is pretty lenient compared to the judgments of those sentenced out of Texas. If the probation office here in Texas is trying to change the language of my judgment, if there a form I can fill out to requests a hearing in New York so that the judge can rule on it? Basically, if I want to requests a hearing in from of the judge, how do I go about doing that?

quincy

Okay, my case is located in New York but I live in Texas. My judgment is pretty lenient compared to the judgments of those sentenced out of Texas. If the probation office here in Texas is trying to change the language of my judgment, if there a form I can fill out to requests a hearing in New York so that the judge can rule on it? Basically, if I want to requests a hearing in from of the judge, how do I go about doing that?
Are you speaking about the terms of your New York probation that the probation office in Texas wants to change?

quincy

Yes. If they want to change something in my terms, how do I requests a hearing?
The Texas probation office will want to contact the Interstate Compact Office in New York to change the previously agreed upon terms and conditions of your probation.

tjalex

Well, I don't want the change to happen. How can I request a hearing with my judge in New York to discuss the matter in person?

quincy

I am not sure you have that option.

Do you plan to stay in Texas?

In order for your probation to have been transferred from New York to Texas in the first place, Texas essentially had to agree to accept you. The terms and conditions for your probation in Texas were set by both Texas and New York, taking into consideration the differences between the states and their laws.

What sort of change does Texas want to make?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">