• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angela444

What is the name of your state? Illinois
10 years ago, I left my boyfriend. Together we have a daughter now 12. When I left I was on public assistance and the state sought child support in the amount of 60.00 every 2 weeks. He has never called to see his daughter and his mother brings gift certicficates from mcdonalds to my friends house every year for her. He has not even sent her a birthday card. Since then, I have a 35,000 student load debt and make about 42,000 a year. I called the state to see if they ever increase. They told me I was up for review,,after 10 years. They went to court, I did not go, as I work alot, and was not required to be there,,I didnt think it would be a big deal as it hasnt been for 10 years. Well, court ordered him to pay 178.00 every 2 weeks,,,so i received a financial form in the mail to fill out and done so. Now i received a demand for discovery,,requesting the same things with reciepts... it is going to be difficult to get these things, as I have not kept records, my fault. I am in debt to my eye balls. What is this all about? Also the letter from the Atty General says to return by the 13th which is about 20 days and the actual request for production states 28 days. which am i to go by? Is he trying to say I make more money and therefor he shouldnt have to pay? I am confused on this. Or is he just pissed that he is being dragged into court and trying to make my life hell?

LdiJ

angela444 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
10 years ago, I left my boyfriend. Together we have a daughter now 12. When I left I was on public assistance and the state sought child support in the amount of 60.00 every 2 weeks. He has never called to see his daughter and his mother brings gift certicficates from mcdonalds to my friends house every year for her. He has not even sent her a birthday card. Since then, I have a 35,000 student load debt and make about 42,000 a year. I called the state to see if they ever increase. They told me I was up for review,,after 10 years. They went to court, I did not go, as I work alot, and was not required to be there,,I didnt think it would be a big deal as it hasnt been for 10 years. Well, court ordered him to pay 178.00 every 2 weeks,,,so i received a financial form in the mail to fill out and done so. Now i received a demand for discovery,,requesting the same things with reciepts... it is going to be difficult to get these things, as I have not kept records, my fault. I am in debt to my eye balls. What is this all about? Also the letter from the Atty General says to return by the 13th which is about 20 days and the actual request for production states 28 days. which am i to go by? Is he trying to say I make more money and therefor he shouldnt have to pay? I am confused on this. Or is he just pissed that he is being dragged into court and trying to make my life hell?
Yes...he is pissed off because he has to pay alot more than before. Provide as much as you reasonably can on their "list"....but otherwise don't panic about it. He is hoping that something in your records will indicate that he has to pay less than what the court ordered. The odds of that are relatively slim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">