• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I have a court order as well as a transcript from a judge. This was a criminal misdemeanor case. The municipality where I live is ignoring it and harassing me. How can I get the court order enforced? Thanks


Senior Member
A court order for what? Was it issued in a different municipality than the one you live in? And how are you being harassed?


court order

The court order was to allow a nonconforming use on my property. I have the court order and transcript where the judge said this would be allowed (they also said they never wanted to see it in court again - but somehow that didn't wind up on the transcript (shocking). I've been brought to court several times now by this city for the same reason (they modify or word or a comma in the ordinance in order to say it's new and the previous court order means nothing). How can they keep prosecuting me in blatant diregard for the court order that said I can continue the nonconforming use and how can I get that court order enforced to stop the city from continually prosecuting me on the same exact thing ever few months?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential