• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

c130mech

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
I filed divorce papers back in 2005 but couldn't continue the process because we were stationed in Germany (Air Force). I'm back home now and want to put my divorce papers on the docket to complete the divorce but the court is saying I need a lawyer to get my paperwork put on the docket. Why? I paid all the required fees to file and now I just want finish this. What can I do about getting my papers pulled without having to spend a fortune on a lawyer. We have no children, or property. The papers filed are signed by both and notarized.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
I filed divorce papers back in 2005 but couldn't continue the process because we were stationed in Germany (Air Force). I'm back home now and want to put my divorce papers on the docket to complete the divorce but the court is saying I need a lawyer to get my paperwork put on the docket. Why? I paid all the required fees to file and now I just want finish this. What can I do about getting my papers pulled without having to spend a fortune on a lawyer. We have no children, or property. The papers filed are signed by both and notarized.
Call your county court clerk. There should be a process for filing the paperwork without an attorney.

If for some reason your county really DOES require an attorney (I never heard of that, but I guess it's possible), then you can probably find an attorney who will file your pre-prepared paperwork for a very modest fee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">