• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joshua888

california
what will happen if i don’t have enrollment papers for parenting class ? this is second court date for enrollment letter and i still don’t have it . what could i do to help myself

joshua888

1st time they referred me to a class in riverside but had waiting list . so i took a online class and they said i couldn’t so they referred me to a community center but it’s $90 enrollment fee on top of a fee for every session . i’m unemployed so money is an issue right now

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You posted in the "Domestic Violence an Abuse" forum. Are you accused of committing domestic violence and/or abusing your child?

quincy

If you were ordered by the court to take parenting classes and you haven't enrolled, I suppose the worst that could happen is that you would be found in contempt of the order.

However, if you have proof of your attempts to enroll, and proof that you are indigent, I doubt that will happen. What is more likely to happen is that another hearing date will be set for you to provide proof of enrollment.

I suggest you look into other parenting class programs that are court-approved programs, and ask about fee waivers or reduced rates or payment plans.

Although a court can order you to take parenting classes, the court cannot expect you to take classes when none are available for you to take or that are financially impossible for you to afford.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">