• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Coverage Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e6940

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?AK

I have a friend that had his 4-wheeler stolen this past friday off the back of his truck..... My question is wouldnt his auto insurance cover that. I mean somebody took it from his vehicle. I would think it would cover.
I mean i thought if they wont cover what you have in your vehicle, then its kinda of like having insurance on your place and it wont cover what you have in it......

I need some advice, if they say they wont cover that is there a way my friend can sue or do some type of claim against the insurance company?

racer72

Tell your friend to read his policy, I would bet there is an exclusion for items stolen from the back of pickup trucks. If he has homeowner's insurance, they may cover it. If not, he is SOL for not buying insurance for the vehicle.

tammy8

An auto policy covers just the auto--not personal property on or in the vehicle. Yes a homeowner's policy MAY cover the 4 wheeler IF it is used for the maintaince of the property. The only problem is that most property policies will only pay if the 4 wheeler is on the property when it is stolen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">