• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Covid-19 checkpoints

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

I wouldn’t worry too much about that. One thing Americans are NOT is quiet. Haha. :)
Maybe not. But, I have known a great many politicians who casually dismiss the masses as inconsequential or not smart enough to understand. It can be easy to dismiss those who disagree as something less than they are, or refer to unfavorable news pieces as "fake news". Fortunately, the entrenched CAN be removed if the will of the people is sufficient.

I recall a time locally when we had a very popular police chief. The city council decided they would not renew his contract - he had the audacity to support an officer who stopped and subsequently called CHP to evaluate and arrest the City Manager's wife for aggravated DUI. He also dared to inform the City Manage that some things he was engaged in might be improper or even illegal. Our Council followed him like puppies. In any event, Council meetings that tended to have a half dozen visitors or observed had overflow crowds of 50+ who all spoke in favor of the Chief. The Council didn't care, the Mayor going so far a to claim they were an outspoken minority of the population and dismissing the hundreds of emails and letters they received in support as well as continued Council chambers pressure. They dismissed the concerns of the people because they challenged the Council's paradigm as provided to them by the CM. A few months later, 3 of the 5 Councilpersons were unseated (only 3 were up for re-election) and the Chief won one of their seats, and the Public Safety Association (police and fire union) backed the two other winners. They ignored the people and it took the people to rectify it. Though, the CM had the last laugh as he appointed his person as Chief and even the new Council was powerless to remove him (since the CM controlled the process).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">