• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

COVID Immigration Restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SCGator14

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Wife and I have been working on immigration for three years. I have been overseas with her because of the restrictions prior to COVID, knowing this would take a while. We were married in her country and have been married for more than three years. The first application was accepted in late 2019 and it took one year plus to finally be accepted and ready to be assigned to her embassy for the interview process. But COVID shut down all interviews and finally the only embassy in her country stopped all processing.

Should say, she IS Russian which, as of today, creates an even larger concern. Regardless, the embassy in Poland indicated they would take over the interviews from the embassy in Moscow. She's had the injections and is up to date on these but her injection, Sputnik, is not accepted in Poland. And, with the tensions in Ukraine, I would believe all interaction with her country is now halted. We are both living in Cyprus and plan on living here until we can get the interview so we can move back to the USA.

Have tried to call the embassy in Ankara, Turkey but no one will respond, even by email. Calling Poland, they give zero information. Bottom line, MY ass has been over here for more than three years and I have become accustomed to being an Expat but I would like the both of us to be able to travel to the USA.

Am beginning to believe there are no viable options considering all the nuances associated with this. So, I reach out and will be willing to accept suggestions on how to make this process start. There has been one thing after another and I would like to get this finalized. SOMEWHAT believing I could put her on a trip from Guadalajara to our Southern Border but I want to do this the right way.

Thoughts please?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Wife and I have been working on immigration for three years. I have been overseas with her because of the restrictions prior to COVID, knowing this would take a while. We were married in her country and have been married for more than three years. The first application was accepted in late 2019 and it took one year plus to finally be accepted and ready to be assigned to her embassy for the interview process. But COVID shut down all interviews and finally the only embassy in her country stopped all processing.

Should say, she IS Russian which, as of today, creates an even larger concern. Regardless, the embassy in Poland indicated they would take over the interviews from the embassy in Moscow. She's had the injections and is up to date on these but her injection, Sputnik, is not accepted in Poland. And, with the tensions in Ukraine, I would believe all interaction with her country is now halted. We are both living in Cyprus and plan on living here until we can get the interview so we can move back to the USA.

Have tried to call the embassy in Ankara, Turkey but no one will respond, even by email. Calling Poland, they give zero information. Bottom line, MY ass has been over here for more than three years and I have become accustomed to being an Expat but I would like the both of us to be able to travel to the USA.

Am beginning to believe there are no viable options considering all the nuances associated with this. So, I reach out and will be willing to accept suggestions on how to make this process start. There has been one thing after another and I would like to get this finalized. SOMEWHAT believing I could put her on a trip from Guadalajara to our Southern Border but I want to do this the right way.

Thoughts please?
You should consult with an immigration attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">