• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Coworker trying to get me fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JimTiles

Hi, i just need some advice on how i can handle this. A coworker (a) has been telling coworker (b) that he plans on offering me narcotic painkillers then reporting me for "stealing" them. Then plans to have me drug tested and fired. I have never stolen ANYTHING from him. He simply just doesn't like me. I also have never failed a UA. Coworker B says that he'll come forth and tell someone that coworker A has been planning this, but only if it happens. Obviously I wouldn't take them anyway. Ive told my boss, but he says he can't do anything because nothing has happened. Is there anything I can do or say to someone that will actually make a difference?

Just Blue

Hi, i just need some advice on how i can handle this. A coworker (a) has been telling coworker (b) that he plans on offering me narcotic painkillers then reporting me for "stealing" them. Then plans to have me drug tested and fired. I have never stolen ANYTHING from him. He simply just doesn't like me. I also have never failed a UA. Coworker B says that he'll come forth and tell someone that coworker A has been planning this, but only if it happens. Obviously I wouldn't take them anyway. Ive told my boss, but he says he can't do anything because nothing has happened. Is there anything I can do or say to someone that will actually make a difference?
What state?

LdiJ

How about if coworker A offers you drugs you simply decline, and do so in a regular tone of voice, or perhaps just a tad more loudly if it happens at work.

JimTiles

How about if coworker A offers you drugs you simply decline, and do so in a regular tone of voice, or perhaps just a tad more loudly if it happens at work.
The guy is constantly harassing me. Calking me names for the most ridiculous stuff. I tell people but theres "nothing they can do about it" its to the point i don't even want to work there any more.

quincy

The guy is constantly harassing me. Calking me names for the most ridiculous stuff. I tell people but theres "nothing they can do about it" its to the point i don't even want to work there any more.
What is keeping you from leaving to work someplace else?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Seriously. He hasn't actually done anything yet except annoy you. He hasn't offered you any narcotics. If he does, you're not going to take them, so he can't accuse you of stealing anything. You won't fail a drug test if you don't take anything. So just what is it that you want someone to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">