• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CP makes more than NCP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

h0rsepwr

What is the name of your state? Illinois

If the CP makes more money than the NCP, how does this affect child support?

H

h0rsepwr

Illinois calculates based upon NCP income. So if CP is making more, what does this do to the amount of support required to be paid by the NCP?

Bre's_mom

I'm sorry I don't know...:( Someone else here might be able to help you out more. Do you have any other kids? If you do you can ask for a deveation. Hope this helps:)

Grace_Adler

You could try going to the courthouse and picking up all the guidelines and worksheets. You see, here, they have the instructions on the back and some info they don't bother to post on the internet. Of course I'm not surprised by that. But anyway maybe that will help. Or, you could call CSE and ask them about it. You don't have to tell them who you are, you could just say you're calling for a friend or doing research and you have some general questions.

H

h0rsepwr

I've tried doing all that research...the courthouses here don't have any forms or paperwork you can just come in and fill out, and if you want answers to questions, you have to ask a lawyer who charges you out the a$$

Grace_Adler

They don't have the Child Support State Guidelines and Worksheets there? Dang, sorry, just never heard of that before. I had to go to the basement where the Child Support and Divorce records are kept to get them.

And CSE won't talk to you?

Ok, one last idea. Have you tried calling the Bar Association to see if they have an attorney referral program to get a reduced consult?

I'm pretty sure you've already been all over the internet looking for this stuff.

Wish I could think of something else. :( :confused:

H

h0rsepwr

I have to call tomorrow to make an appointment with a lawyer firm that bases what you pay them on your income...it's still gonna cost me a fortune. I just wish my daughter's mom was more cooperative about this, but that's another story.

Grace_Adler

I know where you're coming from. No one does free consults here either.

If I think of something else I'll let ya know. If no one gets back to you before your appt. let us know how it goes.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If CS is calculated based only on the NCPs income, what the CP makes is of no consequence. Both parents are expected to provide support - since the child lives with the CP, it is assumed that s/he provides a fair share.

H

h0rsepwr

momma_tiger said:
If CS is calculated based only on the NCPs income, what the CP makes is of no consequence. Both parents are expected to provide support - since the child lives with the CP, it is assumed that s/he provides a fair share.
Well that sucks. I guess I'll be paying for her brand new convertible then.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

h0rsepwr...

go to www.deltabravo.net and scroll down to the bottom and click on state resources then go to your state. click on tgb's links. there are a bunch of things there that could help you including self help family law center legal packets. It has several forms you can download. you'll need adobe acrobat but you can download that for free and only takes a second.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
h0rsepwr said:
Well that sucks. I guess I'll be paying for her brand new convertible then.
I'd look at it this way instead - does your kid have a roof over his/her head? Does it leak? Does s/he have clothes on his/her back that don't have holes in them (apart from ones the kid put in on purpose <G>)? Does s/he have food to eat that's nutritious? THAT's the stuff you're helping pay for.

H

h0rsepwr

momma_tiger said:

THAT's the stuff you're helping pay for.
Actually no, my daughter's mom still lives with her parents. Every time I see her she has a new outfit or tells me about how she spent tons of money at the bar and so on...I'm the one that buys all the clothes and food and and and, but oh well, having a penis makes me evil.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
h0rsepwr said:
but oh well, having a penis makes me evil.
Oh please. Not knowing all the details I can only go by what you post. And while having a dick doesn't make you evil, comments like the above make you look like an idiot. Christ on Crutches.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">