• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS issue-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

I knwo this was off topic on with my other thread, But aside the point Do I have to comply with CPS if an investigation is opened on my ex. The past two times the caseworker blames me and asks me to do something and when i do she chastises me forit. We almost get into fights cuz of it. She even assumes I lived in a trailor( im guessing b/c im white) I mean I dont know.

But really the case wasnt on me but my ex. If this happens again Do I have to have anything to do with it? I really dont want to. I know my children are in bad environment but until I have the money to contest this I can't deal with these people. They even involve my fiance who should not matter whatsoever.

penelope10

What is the name of your state? Texas

I knwo this was off topic on with my other thread, But aside the point Do I have to comply with CPS if an investigation is opened on my ex. The past two times the caseworker blames me and asks me to do something and when i do she chastises me forit. We almost get into fights cuz of it. She even assumes I lived in a trailor( im guessing b/c im white) I mean I dont know.

But really the case wasnt on me but my ex. If this happens again Do I have to have anything to do with it? I really dont want to. I know my children are in bad environment but until I have the money to contest this I can't deal with these people. They even involve my fiance who should not matter whatsoever.
What is CPS asking you to do? And if it's in the kid's best interest why wouldn't you want to do it?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are a parent to the children hence you are responsible for their wellbeing. If CPS is investigating possible abuse, dependency or neglect against your children, why wouldn't you cooperate? how are you NOT cooperating? If you don't cooperate, depending on where this is, you can have your children removed from you or not get your children back. Your fiance matters if he is living in your home.

LdiJ

You are a parent to the children hence you are responsible for their wellbeing. If CPS is investigating possible abuse, dependency or neglect against your children, why wouldn't you cooperate? how are you NOT cooperating? If you don't cooperate, depending on where this is, you can have your children removed from you or not get your children back. Your fiance matters if he is living in your home.
Just FYI, from the OP's other post it appears that OP is dad. However it is confusing since the screen name is a female one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">