• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS? Police? Well-Child Visit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hulksmash

Update and New Question:

About to send out modification paperwork to get this situated to the best of my ability. The double dipping has finally indeed stopped. Between then and now, Police did a well-person check (per the lawyer I had the initial consult with).

The Detective got back to me relatively quickly. Son has been out of mom's house since March 23rd. He will not be returning since she has a restraining order against him. He has apparently been staying with friends a few towns over and supporting himself. Emancipated minor, and I know that he is ok!

Question: I know that it is my responsibility to file the modification, and yet I wonder if there is the possibility of any legal ramifications for Mom?

The magistrate signed the court paperwork on March 26th. Our son was asked to leave the property on March 23rd. So, this entire time Mom has been receiving support for a "minor" in her home, knowing full well that it would not be applied towards his care. And also refused to disclose whether or not he was in the home. I know it's a hit or miss that the Judge will go back to that date but this has me wondering for others like me. Hard to prove if the person is there or not, when no one will tell you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">