• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS "Recommendations"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaizen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I hope this is where this question belongs. My teenage son filed a "mental abuse" claim with CPS against me. This was months ago and I've/we've done everything they've asked. The worker called me and said he was closing the case, but he had "recommendations from the doctor" who gave us our mental exams.

CPS worker said he needed me to agree to all those things..said he could call me down the line and verify. But again, he also said he was closing the case.

My question is am I legally bound to adhere to his recommendations? If I didn't, could I be in trouble?

Thank you.

kaizen

I think you have me all wrong. Really.

It'd be hard to follow directions for a few reasons. He wants me to go to Michigan Works to get put in the data base for employment. I think he forgot about my disability.

He wants my son and I to have joint therapy. Both my son's therapists that he works with (and me too to some degree) think it's not the time for that. So, I don't feel that introducing a third therapist into the mix is wise now - nor do his current therapists.

And again I really think you have me wrong. I'm completely plugged in. But I didn't write to defend myself. Just to ask if I am legally bound to his recommendations. How about that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">