• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crack in grout, floot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kcarte77

Utah
Home is new construction, I purchased 45 day ago. Grout is cracking and coming up in floor. Contractor tells me to contact flooring subcontractor. He tells me concrete slab is cracking, so floor issue will continue. His advise is to wait. I believe this should be covered under Contractor Warranty. However no one appears willing to assist in resolving this issue. Please advise

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Utah
Home is new construction, I purchased 45 day ago. Grout is cracking and coming up in floor. Contractor tells me to contact flooring subcontractor. He tells me concrete slab is cracking, so floor issue will continue. His advise is to wait. I believe this should be covered under Contractor Warranty. However no one appears willing to assist in resolving this issue. Please advise
Having not read your warranty, and not being privy to any other details of your contract, there is no way for any of us to advise intelligently.
Read your warranty. If you feel they are not abiding by it, then contact a local attorney.

HRZ

Whatever steps are required of you under the warranty, get them done, in writing , with safe copies , and if anything , written claims to everybody under the relevant picture .

Waiting is NOT a good answer ...cracked slabs never repair themselves ..the cracking may stabilize , but that's different .

Whether the problem is modest and repairable or serious and major is way beyond my crystal ball....I'm a pretty seasoned engineer and pro about building issues ...assume it is major until a professional engineer you pay writes otherwise ...and take prudent steps to get a lawyer of your choice involved well ahead of any warranty expiration.

Many a small contractor or sub periodically goes out of business ...don't procrastinate any too long.

minor may be minor but don't take the contractors word for it !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">