• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Craigslist Buyer wants a refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I go to used bookstores a lot. One thing that I'm seeing more and more of the last couple of years are patrons using their phones to scan the bar code on a book before purchase. I've asked people why and the answer is arbitration. They're using phones to find what the books sell for on ebay and determine if they can make a couple of dollars on a purchase.

I have no sympathy to a person who buys a record collection without the intent to listen to it in the hope of negotiating a lower price if the guesstimate of value was wrong.
I likewise have little sympathy for buyers looking to profit from the resale of their purchased goods. The only value of an item is what the purchaser of the item places on it.

The purchaser of this record collection now has a record collection valued at $1000 - even if it is seen as worth only half that to others. I hope he likes the music. :)

FreddyR

Update: the buyer wanted me to just refund him 200, I told him you have to sign and notarize a release, then replied: Oh we can do this on just a handshake, I said: We did that when you bought the records and backfired. He's an older person can u tell?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">