• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Craigslist sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes they knew it had a drop side and I even showed them how to use it
As has been pointed out, you were not legally permitted to sell the crib to them. Based on the new information you provided, my suggestion is going to change. I would suggest that you offer to refund their money if they return the crib to you.

RRevak

And is this an opinion or a legal advice?
One more time OP: By LAW you were NOT allowed to sell them the crib. You need to give the money back and either revise your selling point or remove the illegal drop side and sell it as a side car. Those are your LEGAL options.

stonegyrl

Unaware

I was unaware of the law. It changes ever few years. That's like say, a part in a Toyota Tacamo is recalled and I'm not aloud to sell the truck. How am I suppose to know? But I will refund it but advise it that next time they see the crib and know the regulations themselves, they should make the decision to not purchase it. They knew the current regulations.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was unaware of the law. It changes ever few years. That's like say, a part in a Toyota Tacamo is recalled and I'm not aloud to sell the truck. How am I suppose to know? But I will refund it but advise it that next time they see the crib and know the regulations themselves, they should make the decision to not purchase it. They knew the current regulations.
You really don't get it. You are, BY FEDERAL LAW, prohibited from selling it. I get it, you were unaware. It doesn't change the law.

RRevak

You really really aren't paying attention. There cannot be a next time because you can't sell it, period. You can modify it THEN sell it as a side car, OR you can sell it as decoration, but you can NOT sell it as a childs crib without either of those. THEY aren't in the wrong here, YOU are.

It's not a safe crib, that's the bottom line. The recall is there for a reason. Give them their money back and use it for firewood. You have wasted $90 worth of time thinking about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">